- Green Growth Platform
- Energy Efficiency East Sussex
- RE:Start Local
- Grants for West Sussex Businesses
This is really well put together, I am delighted with the end result.
Keith Manger, Kew’s Millennium Seed Bank at Wakehurst Place
Energy Efficient East Sussex
Energy Efficient East Sussex was delivered by the Sustainable Business Partnership CIC on behalf of East Sussex County Council to help local small and medium sized enterprises to reduce their carbon footprint and improve their profitability.
- 35 SMEs in East Sussex received an Energy Audit, which combined, highlighted measures to save over
500,000 kWh of energy, 169 tonnes of CO2e and £44,800 per year.
- 18 of these organisations were among 46 SMEs businesses that received a grant of up to £1,000 towards
the cost of installing an energy efficiency project.
- Combined, these projects have reduced annual energy consumption by 281,600 kWh, CO2e emissions by
126 tonnes and energy costs by £29,000.
Follow-up with a sample of both grant and audit recipients found that many businesses participating in the project have also implemented other, mainly low or no cost initiatives, acting on their Energy Audit Report recommendations or reinvesting savings.
Case studies were created featuring eighteen of these businesses and covering a range of topics, including LED lighting, heat pumps and energy billing and tariffs. A selection of photos from the Energy Audits and project installations can be found in the project gallery.
“The Energy Auditor showed us how to adjust settings to most efficiently run our heating and hot water systems as well as explained the benefits of low-cost measures such as draught proofing.” Judith Brown, The Sheldon Hotel
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
The Sustainable Business Partnership CIC has over eighteen years’ experience helping organisations improve resource efficiency and reduce environmental impact. If you have a project idea or are looking for an expert delivery partner please contact us.