- Green Growth Platform Events
- RE:Start Local
- Energy Efficiency East Sussex
- MSc & BSc Course Development
- Grants for West Sussex Businesses
- Museum Facilities Managers Forum
“Very engaging, extremely relevant and ultimately informative.”
Paul Power, Downs Energy Ltd, Burgess Hill
Museum Facilities Managers Forum
From November 2015 to October 2017, the Sustainable Business Partnership CIC worked with the South East Museum Development Programme to deliver the Museum Facilities Managers Forum.
These forums were free, peer-to-peer learning groups exclusively for facilities managers of museums and galleries to:
- Share experiences of energy and water efficiency, waste reduction, security, maintenance and other facilities management issues and solutions
- Visit other organisations’ sites to see first hand projects implemented and technologies installed
- Gain ideas for initiatives to undertake and input from peers on projects in development
- Share recommendations for suppliers, finance models and potential funding schemes
- 16th October 2017 – Weald & Downland Living Museum, Singleton
- 3rd July 2017 – The Charleston Trust, Firle
- 24th January 2017 – Guildhall, Guildford
- 19th October 2016 – Ditchling Museum of Art + Craft
- 14th July 2016 – Amberley Museum & Heritage Centre
- 28th April 2016 – Watts Gallery, Compton
- 3rd February 2016 – Towner Art Gallery, Eastbourne
- 4th November 2015 – Royal Pavilion & Brighton Museum & Art Gallery
“As someone who doesn’t have a facilities management background I’ve found it a useful forum to discover so much more about how other buildings function” – Debbie Gould, Hastings Museum & Art Gallery
“It was nice to meet up with other practitioners from my field from a variety of museums. This will be very useful for me going forwards with my work at the gallery” – Jasper Richmond, Pallant House Gallery
“Having access to a wider pool of knowledge has been an invaluable part of this forum; being able to share experiences, problems and success stories” – Elisabeth Long, Worthing Museum
This guide is designed to help those working or volunteering for museums or galleries, such as Facilities Managers, Curators and General Managers, understand the main aspects of museum lighting and how to plan a lighting project.
It also aims to introduce terminology used by lighting suppliers and contractors so that museum personnel can more confidently brief contractors to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
The guide has a particular focus on LED lighting; the technology is rapidly improving bringing a range of new lighting options to market.
These events have provided crucial support to museums and the Sustainable Business Partnership looks forward to organising similar events in the future. If you’d like help running a similar programme or event, please contact us.