Speakers at the last breakfast I attended were brilliant, thanks very much.
Harriet Bartley, Work This Way, Arundel
The Sustainable Business Partnership CIC is a not-for-profit company that runs environmental focused training courses and networking events and provides consultancy and site audits for businesses, public and third sector organisations.
We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment, most significantly events, travel and procurement. We implement an informal environmental management system to manage and minimise these impacts and ensure prevention of pollution and legislative compliance. This policy provides the guiding framework for that system and details actions we are taking and our targets for improvement. Working in the environmental sector we also have a responsibility to demonstrate best practice to our customers, suppliers and the wider business community.
- Lights and equipment are switched off when not required and heating controls accurately set
- Target: Work closer with serviced office providers to encourage good practice by all users
- We communicate, invoice, do our banking and store documents electronically
- We print only where 100% necessary and always double sided
- Stationary and scrap paper is re-used
- Waste paper, card, plastics, metals, glass, batteries and ink cartridges are recycled using licensed waste carriers. Food waste from our office and events is composted
- We avoid using disposables such as sugar sachets or individual milk pots
- Target: Monitor and benchmark annual paper use against activities and event attendees
- We travel by public transport to events, site audits and meetings. When this is not possible, we car-share and co-ordinate meetings to minimise the number of journeys required
- We select event venues that are easily accessible by public transport
- Employees have the option and are provided the equipment to work from home
Procurement & Local Economy
- We select products made from recycled materials, including paper, tea-towels and glass jugs
- We source local and Fair Trade food and refreshments for events
- Energy efficiency is a priority when purchasing electronic equipment
- We are a member of the Brighton & Hove Chamber of Commerce
- We are a Living Wage Employer, including for internships
- Suppliers, including banking and insurance, are selected with consideration of their environmental credentials
- Target: Inform suppliers that environmental performance is a selection criteria and offer guidance for improvement
If you have any enquiries regarding our sustainability policy or performance please contact Shelaine Siepel on email@example.com or 01273 964239. This policy is reviewed every twelve months.