“Many thanks for putting together the Tendering Masterclass, for presenting the information in an interesting and interactive way and for making Nicholas Electrical more confident in the tendering process.”
Jessica Nicholas, Nicholas Electrical, East Grinstead
The Sustainable Business Partnership CIC is a not-for-profit company that runs environmental training courses, networking events, consultancy support and site audits for businesses and third sector organisations.
We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment, most significantly events, travel and procurement. We operate an environmental management system to manage and minimise these impacts and ensure prevention of pollution and legislative compliance. This policy provides the guiding framework for that system and details actions we are taking and our targets for improvement. Working in the environmental sector we also have a responsibility to demonstrate best practice to our customers, suppliers and the wider business community.
- Lights and equipment are switched off when not required and heating controls accurately set
- We choose venues with good natural light and set lighting level at events to lowest level practical
- We communicate, invoice, do our banking and store documents electronically
- We print only where 100% necessary
- Stationary and scrap paper is re-used
- Waste paper, card, plastics, metals, glass, batteries and ink cartridges are recycled using licensed waste carriers. Food waste from our office and events is composted
- We avoid using disposables such as sugar sachets or individual milk pots
- We ask event participants to help minimise waste by not giving out printed materials apart from business cards
- We travel by public transport to events, site audits and meetings. When this is not possible, we car-share and co-ordinate meetings to minimise the number of journeys required
- We select event venues that are easily accessible by public transport
- Employees have the option and are provided the equipment to work from home
- We select products made from recycled materials, including paper, tea-towels and glass jugs
- We source local and Fair Trade food and refreshments for events
- Energy efficiency is a priority when purchasing electronic equipment
- Suppliers, including banking and insurance, are selected on their environmental credentials
If you have any enquiries regarding our sustainability policy or performance please contact Shelaine Siepel on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 964239. This policy is reviewed every twelve months.