“Excellent, most informative and very motivating.”
Jackie Reader, Ormandy Aquatherm, Burgess Hill
Sustainability Tour of Hepworth Brewery, Billingshurst
Part of the Utilise Plus events and grant funding programme.
15th August 2019, 09:30 to 12:30, Hepworth & Co. Brewers, Billingshurst.
Join us for a Sustainability Tour of Hepworth Brewery in Billingshurst, West Sussex. Established in 2000, Hepworth is an independent brewery with numerous awards under its belt, most recently winning the Taste of Sussex award for Drink Producer of the Year in 2014. Hepworth puts sustainability at the heart of their organisation, whether it’s by sourcing local, organic ingredients or using solar power to run the brewery. What’s more, they use a ‘beer source’ heat pump for heating and cooling! See these sustainability measures in action on this behind-the-scenes tour and network with like-minded organisations over light refreshments, including low alcohol beer.
This event is part of the Utilise Plus programme and is fully-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). As such, only those from eligible organisations can attend. Utilise Plus supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve their resource efficiency. To book your place, use the form below. Please note, we will only accept one attendee per organisation. Additional bookings will be added to a waiting list and notified should any places become available.
Organisations eligible for support through Utilise Plus must:
- Be a SME that employs fewer than 250 people.
- Have a turnover of less than €50 million per annum (£45.1m1) or balance sheet total of less than €43 million per annum (£38.8m1).
- Be eligible to receive State Aid.2 This event has a State Aid value of £14.49 (€16.05).
- Not be owned by a group or company that does not meet the above three criteria.3
- Be registered with Companies House / Charities Commission or demonstrate that they are engaged in ‘economic activity’ – usually some form of trading. Unincorporated associations and sole traders are eligible, provided they can show evidence of this.
1 European Commission monthly exchange rate January 2019: €1 = £0.90273. You are responsible for calculating the exchange rate and assessing your eligibility at the time of your application.
2 SMEs able to receive State Aid up to a value of €200,000 in any three year rolling period. Find out more about State Aid.
3 For organisations with a more complex structure, a case-by-case analysis is required, so please get in touch if you think this applies to you.