“The energy auditor showed us how to adjust the settings to most efficiently run our heating system as well as explained the benefits of low-cost measures such as draught proofing.”
Judith Brown, The Sheldon Hotel, Eastbourne
“Sustainability in Business” Training Course
We have developed a series of half day training courses designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to solve specific issues around sustainability and other in their own organisations. Participants share their own experiences and learn from others in similar roles about what has (and what hasn’t) worked for them.
The training course offers a space for people to meet and share experiences and solutions to the difficulties they face in their organisations. Sessions will include individual objective setting, peer-to-peer support and facilitated discussions, expert speakers and a tour of the interesting features at the event site. These will make this course an enjoyable and useful resource.
2. Successful Staff Engagement in a Sustainability Programme– 6th September
“It was great to meet others doing the same job and encountering the same issues and finding out how they overcame them!” Premises and Compliance Officer, National Trust, Polesden Lacey
Who should attend?
This training course is suitable for anyone working in a business, public or third sector organisations responsible for the following areas:
- Premises / Building Management
- Facilities Management
- Environment / Sustainability
- Waste / Recycling
- Utility Management / Reducing Bills
- Health & Safety
- Quality & Efficiency improvement
- Staff Engagement / Volunteering
- Fundraising for Projects
- Project Management
- People looking to develop new marketable skills
Each course focuses on a different topic and these are chosen on an ongoing basis based on the interests of the participants. Previous courses have focused on areas including:
- Implementing an Energy Efficient Lighting Design Project
- Designing a successful Environmental or Quality Management System (EMS / QMS)
- Reducing Single Use Plastics and Better Waste Management / Recycling
- Fundraising for New Projects
- Organising Sustainable Events and Catering
- Heating Systems and Renewable Energy Installations
- Managing a New Build Project / Major Refurbishment
- Working with Volunteers • Successful Staff Engagement in a Sustainability Programme
Book 2 courses and get a 10% discount!
The training format was originally developed to help a group of Museum and Art Gallery Facilities / Premises Managers meet and share experience with people in similar jobs facing similar issues followed by a tour of the interesting features of the hosting venue.