“Many thanks for putting together the Tendering Masterclass, for presenting the information in an interesting and interactive way and for making Nicholas Electrical more confident in the tendering process.”
Jessica Nicholas, Nicholas Electrical, East Grinstead
Successful Staff Engagement in a Sustainability Programme
Training Course in the beautiful outdoors setting at
Moulsecoomb Forest Garden
Moulsecoomb Forest Garden, Brighton
14:00- 17:00, Friday, 6th September 2019
Do you feel challenged getting staff and colleagues on board with your improvement efforts?
Are you looking for support to get your staff more engaged?
This is the third of a series of half-day training courses where participants will gain skills and knowledge to solve issues around getting your staff on board when making sustainable changes in their organisation.
We will hear about techniques and experiences from expert speakers who will answer any of your questions.
In our outdoor location at the beautiful Moulsecoomb Forest Garden, we will enjoy a cup of tea around the fire where delegates will have an opportunity to share their own experiences and learn from others in similar roles about the difficulties they face and the solutions they found.
The day will close with an opportunity to network with other participants and there will be time to roam around the site and enjoy the nature.
The training will include:
⇒ Individual objective setting
⇒ Practical knowledge around staff engagement
⇒ Peer-to-peer support
⇒ Facilitated discussions and solution finding
⇒ Expert speakers
⇒ Tour of the Forest Garden
⇒ Realistic solutions to implement in your organisation
⇒ Networking opportunity
⇒ Refreshments and snacks
This training course can count towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
“Having access to a wider pool of knowledge has been an invaluable part of this forum, being able to connect with professional counterparts […] and share experiences, problems and success stories.” Facilities Manager, Worthing Museum
Who should attend?
This training course is suitable for anyone working in a business, public or third sector organisations responsible for the following areas:
- Premises / Building Management
- Facilities Management
- Environment / Sustainability
- Waste / Recycling
- Utility Management / Reducing Bills
- Health & Safety
- Quality & Efficiency improvement
- Staff Engagement / Volunteering
- Fundraising for Projects
- Project Management
- People looking to develop new marketable skills
1. Can I come to just one training course? Yes. You can come along to one and then dip in and out depending on your interest. Or book onto more than one for a booking discount.
2.Can you run a course/ workshop just for staff in my organisation? Yes. We can run bespoke workshops and engagement sessions tailored to your needs.
3. Can I suggest a focus area for a course? Yes. We welcome suggestions on issues you want to solve, particularly problem areas where you’ve encountered barriers and haven’t been able to make progress.
4. Will there be more training courses in the future? Yes. If – there is sufficient interest.
5. Where does the training take place? We usually hold training courses in and around Sussex, particularly in Brighton. We usually hold workshops on a Friday morning and can help with recommending accommodation if you want to stay on and make a weekend of it. We choose interesting venues particularly if have great eco-credentials and we try to include a tour of the venue or case study speaker to provide positive inspiration to workshop participants.
6. Do the training courses count towards my Continuing Professional Development (CPD)? Yes. Professional Bodies such as CIWM and IEMA require their members to keep developing their skills and knowledge throughout their careers. Whilst some companies offer ‘CPD accreditation’, this is not usually a requirement in order to be able to count courses such as this as CPD for professional bodies. After the course, you will be provided with a certificate to add to your CPD evidence file. IEMA requires its members to undertake 30 hours of CPD per year. One workshop counts as 3 hours of CPD.
If you have any questions about our training courses, please get in touch with us via email email@example.com or call us on 01273 964 239. We’ll be happy to help!