“The guidance and support you and the team have given my small company to be accepted by one of the biggest contractors in East Sussex has been pivotal.”
Marie Jones, The Office Your Office, Bodiam
Designing a successful Environmental or Quality Management System (EMS / QMS)
Training Course plus a ‘behind the scenes’ tour of Foredown Tower
Foredown Rd, Portslade, Brighton BN41 2EW
10:00- 13:00, 2nd August 2019
Do you find environmental policy and compliance confusing?
Are you struggling to get your head around health & safety legislation?
In this half-day training course participants will be provided with the skills and knowledge to solve issues around environmental and quality management and the systems that support the process.
Industry experts will be speaking on the theme of management systems and they will answer any of your questions.
Another highlight of the day is the ‘behind-the-scenes’ Tour of the Foredown Tower with its famous camera obscura where we can take a closer look for inspiration and ideas to take back with us.
Delegates will have an opportunity to share their own experiences and learn from others in similar roles about the difficulties they face and the solutions they found.
The day will close with an opportunity to network with other participants.
The training will include:
⇒ Individual objective setting
⇒ Practical knowledge around environmental and quality management systems
⇒ Peer-to-peer support
⇒ Facilitated discussions and solution finding
⇒ Expert speakers
⇒ Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Foredown Tower
⇒ Realistic solutions to implement in your organisation
⇒ Networking opportunity
⇒ Refreshments and snacks
This training course can count towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
“It was extremely useful meeting other professionals and being able to network with one another about issues and similarities we share with our facilities which we can work to improve on.” The Novium Museum
Who should attend?
This training course is suitable for anyone working in a business, public or third sector organisations responsible for the following areas:
- Premises / Building Management
- Facilities Management
- Environment / Sustainability
- Waste / Recycling
- Utility Management / Reducing Bills
- Health & Safety
- Quality & Efficiency improvement
- Staff Engagement / Volunteering
- Fundraising for Projects
- Project Management
- People looking to develop new marketable skills
1. Can I come to just one training course? Yes. You can come along to one and then dip in and out depending on your interest. Or book onto more than one for a booking discount.
2.Can you run a course/ workshop just for staff in my organisation? Yes. We can run bespoke workshops and engagement sessions tailored to your needs.
3. Can I suggest a focus area for a course? Yes. We welcome suggestions on issues you want to solve, particularly problem areas where you’ve encountered barriers and haven’t been able to make progress.
4. Will there be more training courses in the future? Yes. If – there is sufficient interest.
5. Where does the training take place? We usually hold training courses in and around Sussex, particularly in Brighton. We usually hold workshops on a Friday morning and can help with recommending accommodation if you want to stay on and make a weekend of it. We choose interesting venues particularly if have great eco-credentials and we try to include a tour of the venue or case study speaker to provide positive inspiration to workshop participants.
6. Do the training courses count towards my Continuing Professional Development (CPD)? Yes. Professional Bodies such as CIWM and IEMA require their members to keep developing their skills and knowledge throughout their careers. Whilst some companies offer ‘CPD accreditation’, this is not usually a requirement in order to be able to count courses such as this as CPD for professional bodies. After the course, you will be provided with a certificate to add to your CPD evidence file. IEMA requires its members to undertake 30 hours of CPD per year. One workshop counts as 3 hours of CPD.
If you have any questions about our training courses, please get in touch with us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01273 964 239. We’ll be happy to help!