“Many thanks for arranging the team of volunteers from the chartered surveying company. They completely revamped the garden and created a fantastic new orchard!”
Liz Davis, Brighton Housing Trust
Utilise Plus: Register your interest
Organisations eligible for support through Utilise Plus must:
- Be a small to medium sized enterprise (SME) that employs fewer than 250 people
- Have a turnover of less than €50 million per annum (£45.1m1) or balance sheet total of less than €43 million per annum (£38.8m1)
- Be eligible to receive State Aid2
- Not be owned by a group or company that does not meet the above three criteria3
- Be registered with Companies House / Charities Commission or demonstrate that they are engaged in ‘economic activity’ – usually some form of trading. Unincorporated associations and sole traders are eligible, provided they can show evidence of this
Due to funding opportunities through sector-specific programmes, enterprises engaged primarily in the following sectors are ineligible for Utilise Plus:
- Fisheries and aquaculture
- Primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products
- Statutory services (e.g. education, healthcare)
- Synthetic fibres
1 European Commission monthly exchange rate January 2019: €1 = £0.90273. You are responsible for calculating the exchange rate and assessing your eligibility at the time of your application.
2 SMEs able to receive State Aid up to a value of €200,000 in any three year rolling period. Find out more about State Aid.
3 For organisations with a more complex structure, a case-by-case analysis is required, so please get in touch if you think this applies to you.