- Energy Saving Grants
- Events Calendar
- Energy Saving Workshops
- Energy Audits
- Benefits of Energy Efficiency
- Utilise Plus Eligibility
“Excellent, most informative and very motivating.”
Jackie Reader, Ormandy Aquatherm, Burgess Hill
Benefits of Energy Efficiency
Cutting your Energy Bills
- Energy efficiency delivers cost savings which boost profit.
- Once made, you keep benefitting from those savings year after year.
Multiple Benefits Beyond Direct Cost Savings
- A more comfortable working environment.
- Increased productivity.
- Ability to win new contracts, especially with the public sector.
- Increased competitiveness.
- Increased profitability.
- Ability to market your SME’s green credentials.
- Attracting and retaining the right quality of staff.
- Reduced energy bills can be used to fund new jobs.
- Reducing your exposure to future energy price rises.
- Improve your cash flow.
- Societal benefits from reduced carbon emissions and air quality improvements.
A market research company has installed timer switches to turn off its two water coolers out-of-hours, saving £144 a year (paying back in 35 days).
For a company with a 5% profit margin over 3 years, a £500-a-year saving from energy efficiency makes the same profit as £30,000 of extra sales.
Research shows that the average small or medium sized enterprise (SME) could reduce its energy bill by 18 – 25% by installing energy efficiency measures with an average payback of less than 1.5 years.
And it is estimated that 40% of these savings would require zero expenses.
“With energy prices [electricity] for a medium-sized user predicted to rise by almost 30% in the next 5 years, many businesses are looking to manage future risks by investing in energy efficiency”
Michelle Hubert, Head of Group, CBI
“Very engaging, extremely relevant and ultimately informative.”
Paul Power, Downs Energy Ltd, Burgess Hill
“The energy auditor showed us how to adjust the settings to most efficiently run our heating system as well as explained the benefits of low-cost measures such as draught proofing.”
Judith Brown, The Sheldon Hotel, Eastbourne