“Very engaging, extremely relevant and ultimately informative.”
Paul Power, Downs Energy Ltd, Burgess Hill
Sustainability Tour of the Brighton Dome
Part of the Utilise Plus events and grant funding programme.
2nd July 2019, 09:30 to 12:30, Brighton Dome, East Sussex.
Join us for a Sustainability Tour of the Brighton Dome in East Sussex. Established over 200 years ago, Brighton Dome produces and presents over 600 events each year, including music, dance, comedy, theatre and much more. They know better than anyone the need for sustainability when running events – they eliminated plastic straws in 2018 and are now working on finding a suitable alternative to plastic cups, while almost 60% of their waste is recycled. What’s more, they purchase green tariff electricity from renewable sources and continuously monitor their electricity, gas and water usage. Delegates will get to hear from Brighton Dome’s Zoe Curtis and see their sustainability in action on this behind-the-scenes tour of their Concert Hall.
This event is part of the Utilise Plus programme and is fully-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). As such, only those from eligible organisations can attend. Utilise Plus supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve their resource efficiency. To book your place, use the form below. Please note, we will only accept one attendee per organisation. Additional bookings will be added to a waiting list and notified should any places become available.
Organisations eligible for support through Utilise Plus must:
- Be a SME that employs fewer than 250 people.
- Have a turnover of less than €50 million per annum (£45.1m1) or balance sheet total of less than €43 million per annum (£38.8m1).
- Be eligible to receive State Aid.2 This event has a State Aid value of £14.49 (€16.05).
- Not be owned by a group or company that does not meet the above three criteria.3
- Be registered with Companies House / Charities Commission or demonstrate that they are engaged in ‘economic activity’ – usually some form of trading. Unincorporated associations and sole traders are eligible, provided they can show evidence of this.
1 European Commission monthly exchange rate January 2019: €1 = £0.90273. You are responsible for calculating the exchange rate and assessing your eligibility at the time of your application.
2 SMEs able to receive State Aid up to a value of €200,000 in any three year rolling period. Find out more about State Aid.
3 For organisations with a more complex structure, a case-by-case analysis is required, so please get in touch if you think this applies to you.