“Because we have been working on environmental issues for some time I was surprised at how much useful practical information was new to me which I can now apply within my organization.”
Sheila Daly, University of Portsmouth
Sustainability Tour of King’s Academy, Ringmer
Part of the Utilise Plus events and grant funding programme.
21st May 2019, 09:30 to 12:30, King’s Academy Ringmer, East Sussex.
Join us for a Sustainability Tour of King’s Academy Ringmer, in East Sussex. Formerly known as Ringmer College, King’s Academy teaches children aged 11 to 16. Their school motto is “In Pursuit of Excellence” which they certainly put into practice when it comes to sustainability! Their solar panels provide in excess of 25% of their electrical energy, while 70% of their energy for heating comes from their biomass boiler, wind turbine and ground source heat pump. What’s more, King’s Academy engages pupils in all their ‘eco projects,’ with over 120 Eco Reps. Hear all about their sustainability journey from their Eco Coordinator, Stephen Green, and see their energy-saving technologies first-hand on this behind-the-scenes tour.
This event is part of the Utilise Plus programme and is fully-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). As such, only those from eligible organisations can attend. Utilise Plus supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve their resource efficiency. To book your place, use the form below. Please note, we will only accept one attendee per organisation. Additional bookings will be added to a waiting list and notified should any places become available.
Organisations eligible for support through Utilise Plus must:
- Be a SME that employs fewer than 250 people.
- Have a turnover of less than €50 million per annum (£45.1m1) or balance sheet total of less than €43 million per annum (£38.8m1).
- Be eligible to receive State Aid.2 This event has a State Aid value of £14.49 (€16.05).
- Not be owned by a group or company that does not meet the above three criteria.3
- Be registered with Companies House / Charities Commission or demonstrate that they are engaged in ‘economic activity’ – usually some form of trading. Unincorporated associations and sole traders are eligible, provided they can show evidence of this.
1 European Commission monthly exchange rate January 2019: €1 = £0.90273. You are responsible for calculating the exchange rate and assessing your eligibility at the time of your application.
2 SMEs able to receive State Aid up to a value of €200,000 in any three year rolling period. Find out more about State Aid.
3 For organisations with a more complex structure, a case-by-case analysis is required, so please get in touch if you think this applies to you.