“The guidance and support you and the team have given my small company to be accepted by one of the biggest contractors in East Sussex has been pivotal.”
Marie Jones, The Office Your Office, Bodiam
Sustainability Tour of Denbies Wine Estate, Dorking
Part of the Utilise Plus events and grant funding programme.
21 November 2018, 09:30 to 12:30, Denbies Wine Estate, Dorking.
Join us for a Sustainability Tour of Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking. Denbies puts sustainability at the heart of their business, from reducing their energy use by installing LED lighting, extending their woodland area by planting 1,600 oak and hazel trees, experimenting with bio-diesel fuels for their vineyard tractors, and much, much more!
Delegates will get to hear all about Denbies’ approach to sustainability with a Q&A session with their Chief Operating Officer, Jeanette Simpson. We’ll also be treated to a behind-the-scenes tour of the winery, where they make around 300,000 litres of wine each year!
Light refreshments will be provided, though delegates will also get to enjoy a 10% discount in Denbies’ Conservatory Restaurant and Wine & Gift Shop once the event has ended.
This event is part of the Utilise Plus programme and is fully-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). As such, only those from eligible organisations can attend. Utilise Plus supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve their resource efficiency. To book your place, use the form below. Please note, we will only accept one attendee per organisation. Additional bookings will be added to a waiting list and notified should any places become available.
Organisations eligible for support through Utilise Plus must:
- Be a SME that employs fewer than 250 people.
- Have a turnover of less than €50 million per annum (£44.2m1) or
- balance sheet total of less than €43 million per annum (£38.1m1).
- Be eligible to receive State Aid.2 This event has a State Aid value of £14.49 (€16.14).
- Not be owned by a group or company that does not meet the above three criteria.3
- Be registered with Companies House / Charities Commission or demonstrate that they are engaged in ‘economic activity’ – usually some form of trading. Unincorporated associations and sole traders are eligible, provided they can show evidence of this.
1 European Commission monthly exchange rate September 2018: €1 = £0.89758. You are responsible for calculating the exchange rate and assessing your eligibility at the time of your application.
2 SMEs able to receive State Aid up to a value of €200,000 in any three year rolling period. Find out more about State Aid.
3 For organisations with a more complex structure, a case-by-case analysis is required, so please get in touch if you think this applies to you.