- Our Services
- Utilise Plus programme
- Utilise Plus Events
- Utilise Plus Eligibility
- Energy Efficiency Grants
- Energy Efficiency Workshops
- Benefits of Making Energy Efficiency Improvements
- Examples of Best Practice vs Standard Replacement
- What is State Aid?
- Utilise Plus: Register your interest
- Sussex Recyclers List
“Because we have been working on environmental issues for some time I was surprised at how much useful practical information was new to me which I can now apply within my organization.”
Sheila Daly, University of Portsmouth
Utilise Plus: Register your interest
Organisations eligible for support through Utilise Plus must:
- Be a small to medium sized enterprise (SME) that employs fewer than 250 people
- Have a turnover of less than €50 million per annum (£46.1m1) or balance sheet total of less than €43 million per annum (£39.6m1)
- Be eligible to receive State Aid2
- Not be owned by a group or company that does not meet the above three criteria3
- Be registered with Companies House / Charities Commission or demonstrate that they are engaged in ‘economic activity’ – usually some form of trading. Unincorporated associations and sole traders are eligible, provided they can show evidence of this
Due to funding opportunities through sector-specific programmes, enterprises engaged primarily in the following sectors are ineligible for Utilise Plus:
- Fisheries and aquaculture
- Primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products
- Statutory services (e.g. education, healthcare)
- Synthetic fibres
1 European Commission monthly exchange rate September 2017: €1 = £0.92246. You are responsible for calculating the exchange rate and assessing your eligibility at the time of your application.
2 SMEs able to receive State Aid up to a value of €200,000 in any three year rolling period. Find out more about State Aid.
3 For organisations with a more complex structure, a case-by-case analysis is required, so please get in touch if you think this applies to you.