- Network News
- Staff Engagement
- Grants & Funding
- Energy Efficiency
- Waste Minimisation
- Water Efficiency
- Local Business
- Sustainable Travel
- Event Reports
Speakers at the last breakfast I attended were brilliant, thanks very much.
Harriet Bartley, Work This Way, Arundel
Support for East Sussex Businesses to Reduce Travel Costs
Sustrans, the national charity championing sustainable travel, has launched a new project to help small businesses based in East Sussex reduce the cost and environmental impact of business travel.
The Smarter Small Business Travel project offers a range of free* services delivered by a dedicated Sustrans travel advisor. The advisor can offer anything from advice or short courses to a tailored programme including a review of current travel habits, the development of a travel plan, staff engagement activities and monitoring and evaluation tools to review progress made.
What support is on offer?
- Site visit and audit to establish transport-related costs and potential for on-site improvements
- One-to-one support with a specialist travel adviser to develop a Travel Plan for your business
- Workplace Travel Champion recruitment, support and resources
- Practical activities e.g. cycle training, advice on electric bike/car and flexible working tools
- Networking events and opportunities to share best-practice
- Signposting to grants to enable smarter ways of working
- On-line resources and web-based challenges between participating businesses
- Monitoring and evaluation, including baseline and follow-up audits and surveys
Who can take part and why is it free?
The project is open to independent East Sussex based businesses with fewer than 250 employees and a turnover less than £35 million. It is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and East Sussex County Council, who are keen to see small businesses improve their profitability and reduce their carbon footprint.
How do I get involved?
For more information, please contact either: