- Network News
- Staff Engagement
- Grants & Funding
- Energy Efficiency
- Waste Minimisation
- Water Efficiency
- Local Business
- Sustainable Travel
- Event Reports
“Excellent, most informative and very motivating.”
Jackie Reader, Ormandy Aquatherm, Burgess Hill
Support for East Sussex Businesses to Reduce Travel Costs
Sustrans, the national charity championing sustainable travel, has launched a new project to help small businesses based in East Sussex reduce the cost and environmental impact of business travel.
The Smarter Small Business Travel project offers a range of free* services delivered by a dedicated Sustrans travel advisor. The advisor can offer anything from advice or short courses to a tailored programme including a review of current travel habits, the development of a travel plan, staff engagement activities and monitoring and evaluation tools to review progress made.
What support is on offer?
- Site visit and audit to establish transport-related costs and potential for on-site improvements
- One-to-one support with a specialist travel adviser to develop a Travel Plan for your business
- Workplace Travel Champion recruitment, support and resources
- Practical activities e.g. cycle training, advice on electric bike/car and flexible working tools
- Networking events and opportunities to share best-practice
- Signposting to grants to enable smarter ways of working
- On-line resources and web-based challenges between participating businesses
- Monitoring and evaluation, including baseline and follow-up audits and surveys
Who can take part and why is it free?
The project is open to independent East Sussex based businesses with fewer than 250 employees and a turnover less than £35 million. It is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and East Sussex County Council, who are keen to see small businesses improve their profitability and reduce their carbon footprint.
How do I get involved?
For more information, please contact either: