- Network News
- Staff Engagement
- Grants & Funding
- Energy Efficiency
- Waste Minimisation
- Water Efficiency
- Local Business
- Sustainable Travel
- Event Reports
Speakers at the last breakfast I attended were brilliant, thanks very much.
Harriet Bartley, Work This Way, Arundel
Network Update – August 2013
Welcome to August’s Network Update. This month; Are there any grants out there? Tendering Masterclasses for renewables and energy efficiency businesses; Breakfast presentations; PV Feed-in-Tariffs; Worthing & Adur Business Awards.
Are There Any Grants Out There?
Not loads, but a few worth investigating…
- Sustainable Routes – Up to £1,000 match funded for projects to reduce transport emissions, such as video-conferencing equipment, bike racks or travel planning consultancy. www.sustainableroutes.co.uk
- Energy efficiency grants for Mid Sussex businesses – Up to £500 for energy and costs saving initiatives. Plus a free morning Energy, Water and Waste Efficiency course. Full details.
- Low Carbon Chichester District Fund – For energy efficiency improvements at community buildings or groups of domestic buildings. Full details.
- Green Deal Installer Certification – Up to £1,000 for West Sussex businesses towards the cost of Green Deal Installer certification. Full details.
- Be the Business Grants – NEW – Funding for West Sussex businesses looking to grow. Eligible projects may include the purchase of equipment, premises refurbishment, marketing consultancy and company training improvements. 50% match funding required. Full details.
- Enhanced Capital Allowances – Not a grant, but tax relief on the purchase of energy or water efficient equipment / appliances. www.hmrc.gov.uk/capital-allowances/fya
Shoreham-by-Sea Breakfast Presentations
We had a full house in Shoreham-by-Sea for our Sustainable Business Breakfast. Speakers included The Body Shop, Carbon Minded and Iron Mountain. Their presentations are available on-line.
We’re just finalising our events programme for the autumn and new year. Keep an eye on our website.
Keen to Sell to the Public Sector?
Then don’t miss our Tendering Masterclasses, free to attend for businesses working in the construction, energy efficiency or renewable energy sector.
You’ll get to meet the procurement teams that judge your tender applications, find out how to effectively and efficiently complete pre-qualification questionnaires and tender returns and learn where to find tenders and how to ensure you have the necessary policies and standards in place to compete.
Last but not least…
Defra seeks your views on how environmental guidance can be simplified – Visit website
The department also wants to know which information you submit is most useful.
Adur & Worthing Business Awards Open for Entry – Visit website
Categories include Green Business of the Year and Contribution to the Community.
PV Feed-in-Tariff rates fixed until 2014 – Payment tables
Payment available per kWh electricity generated by photovoltaic solar panels will remain the same until the new year.
Join the Sustainable Business Network (it’s free!) and receive the Network Update to your inbox each month.