- About the Network
- Join Now, it’s Free!
- Network Events
- 13 June: Event – Sustainable Travel
- Events Gallery
Speakers at the last breakfast I attended were brilliant, thanks very much.
Harriet Bartley, Work This Way, Arundel
Event: Sustainable Travel
Tuesday 13th June, 16:30 to 19:00, Martlets Hall, Burgess Hill – Free to attend
In partnership with Mid Sussex District Council, Burgess Hill Business Parks Association and Haywards Heath & District Business Association
Oh to escape the rush hour! Not to mention the daily hunt for a parking space and rising petrol prices. But how? Train, bus, walk, cycle? Delays, rain, narrow roads, sweaty armpits…
…not always. Join us to explore alternative options for commuting and business journeys. We’ll learn about the initiatives being explored as part of the Burgess Hill regeneration to make sustainable travel easier and a Mid Sussex based company successfully encouraging employees out of their cars and reducing business mileage.
Burgess Hill Transport & Infrastructure Upgrades
West Sussex County Council has recently confirmed a £14.9 million funding package for transport and infrastructure improvements in Burgess Hill, including:
- Capacity building and upgrades to road management systems and junctions
- Better integrated transport solutions, including bus and interchange improvements
- New cyclepaths and footpaths linking new developments to the town centre
- A new cyclepath to link Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath
Following a welcome from Mid Sussex District Councillor Gary Marsh, Cabinet Member for Service Delivery, we’ll hear from Rachel Ryan-Crisp, Burgess Hill Growth Area Programme Manager, about the regeneration plans.
Business Case Study: Edwards Vacuum
Edwards Vacuum have implemented a range of initiatives at their Global Technology Centre to reduce business mileage and help employees choose more sustainable options to travel to and from work. These include:
• Charging points for electric vehicles
• Cycle parking and shower facilities
• Taxi shuttle run to the railway station
• Video conferencing in meeting rooms and Skype for employees
• Priority parking spaces for people who car-share
Peter Lamb, Senior Manager – Scientific Pump Technology, will share how these measures have worked in practice, cost and CO2e savings achieved and other projects planned by their volunteer Environmental Impact Reduction Group. Eight employees at Edwards Vacuum have now even bought their own electric cars!
Exhibition Stands & Networking
Before and after the presentations there will be time to meet both Event Partners and other local organisations helping encourage the uptake of sustainable transport, including:
- Mid Sussex District Council
- Burgess Hill Business Parks Association
- Haywards Heath & District Business Association
- Sustainable Business Network
- Barnard & Brough Nissan Dealership – electric cars
- Cycleshack – electric bikes and cycle-to-work scheme
- More to follow…
There will also be a chance to network with other delegates. Light refreshments will be provided.
Where & When?
– Tuesday 13th June 2017, 16:30 to 19:00
– Martlets Hall, Burgess Hill, RH15 9NN
Book Your Place
This event is free to attend, supported by Mid Sussex District Council. It is being held in partnership with Burgess Hill Business Park Association. Booking is essential.
Alternatively call 01273 964239 or email: