- Join Now, it’s Free!
- Network Events
- 14 June: Local Construction Expo
- Construction Expo Exhibitors
- 14 June: Tendering Masterclass
- 28 June: Tour of Skyhouse Eco B&B
- Industry Insight Tours
- Environmental Healthchecks
- Environmental Managers Forum
- Procurement & Tendering Support
- The Green Growth Platform
- Helpline & Local Recyclers List
- WARPit Portal
- Event Feedback
“The event was very well organised and resourceful.”
Patrick Mballa, LST Projects, Eastleigh
Our specialist seminars are designed to help those in the low carbon and environmental sectors explore opportunities to grow their businesses. These events are run by the Sustainable Business Network on behalf of the University of Brighton’s Green Growth Platform.
Tendering Masterclass – Free
Keen to sell to public or large private sector organisations? Then don’t miss this free 3 hour seminar designed to help small and medium sized businesses hone their tendering technique.
You’ll meet a member of the local council’s procurement team, discover what makes a winning bid, find out how collaborating with other local businesses can boost your chances of winning work, plus learn where to find tenders and how to ensure you have the necessary policies and standards in place to compete.
- Meet the procurer
- Tendering technique – effectively, but efficiently, complete PQQs and ITTs
- Score the tender – put yourself in the buyer’s shoes
- Where to find work – keeping track of upcoming opportunities
Refreshments and a networking lunch are provided.
Where & When?
- Tuesday 14th June, 13:00 – 16:00, Northbrook College Broadwater Campus Worthing
This seminar is being held as part of the Local & Sustainable Construction Exhibition, more details here:
“Many thanks for putting together the masterclass, for presenting the information in an interesting and interactive way and for making Nicholas Electrical more confident in the tendering process.” Nicholas Electrical, East Grinstead
Raising Green Investment – Free
If you are looking to raise investment to develop new products of services or fund a large scale project don’t miss this free workshop. Designed for those in the low-carbon and environmental sectors, but also providing popular with businesses from wider industries, this morning has a particular focus on crowd funding, investment schemes and tax incentives.
Topics covered will include:
- Becoming investment ready – preparing for due diligence
- Loan funding – rates and risks
- Private equity – how much do I have to give away?
- Crowd funding and other alternative finance sources
- Investment schemes and tax incentives
The course leader is Craig Copeland from consultancy Carbon Minded, who has successfully helped raise finance for a range of large scale renewable energy projects as well as for companies looking to expand operations and into new markets.
Where & When?
- Just missed it! Please check back for new dates or sign up to our newsletter.
This seminar is free to attend but booking is essential, priority will be given to businesses in the environmental sector register your interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 964239.