“It is commercial, not ‘save the planet’.”
David English, Restore, Redhill
Event: Sustainability Tour of Earthship, Brighton
Part of the Utilise Plus events and grant funding programme.
12th September 2018, 09:30 to 12:30, Earthship, Brighton.
Join us for a Sustainability Tour of Earthship in Brighton. Earthship was built in 2006 by the Low Carbon Trust, to show how a low-energy and low-waste future could look. An ‘off-grid’ building, Earthship generates power from the sun, harvests rain water, and treats wastewater on-site using plants!
Delegates will be treated to a tour of the building to see first-hand the multitude of energy-saving measures throughout. Mischa Hewitt, Director of the Low Carbon Trust, will discuss these various sustainability features and answer questions from delegates.
This event is part of the Utilise Plus programme and is fully-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). As such, only those from eligible organisations can attend. Utilise Plus supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve their resource efficiency. To book your place, use the form below. Please note, we will only accept one attendee per organisation. Additional bookings will be added to a waiting list and notified should any places become available.
Organisations eligible for support through Utilise Plus must:
- Be a SME that employs fewer than 250 people.
- Have a turnover of less than €50 million per annum (£44.2m1) or balance sheet total of less than €43 million per annum (£38.1m1).
- Be eligible to receive State Aid.2 This event has a State Aid value of £14.49 (€16.37).
- Not be owned by a group or company that does not meet the above three criteria.3
- Be registered with Companies House / Charities Commission or demonstrate that they are engaged in ‘economic activity’ – usually some form of trading. Unincorporated associations and sole traders are eligible, provided they can show evidence of this.
1 European Commission monthly exchange rate July 2018: €1 = £0.8852. You are responsible for calculating the exchange rate and assessing your eligibility at the time of your application.
2 SMEs able to receive State Aid up to a value of €200,000 in any three year rolling period. Find out more about State Aid.
3 For organisations with a more complex structure, a case-by-case analysis is required, so please get in touch if you think this applies to you.