“The energy auditor showed us how to adjust the settings to most efficiently run our heating system as well as explained the benefits of low-cost measures such as draught proofing.”
Judith Brown, The Sheldon Hotel, Eastbourne
Energy Saving Workshop, Horsham
Part of the Utilise Plus events and grant funding programme.
31st January 2019, 09:30 to 13:00, Horsham.
Utilise Plus Energy Saving Workshops are practical, interactive sessions for organisations with premises, focussing on how your organisation can benefit from making energy saving improvements. You will meet other organisations with similar interests, gain new knowledge and skills, and address barriers to change within your organisation by creating your own unique Action Plan. After the workshop, further support and guidance will be given by the Sustainable Business Partnership, to help you implement your plan and quantify your energy and cost savings. This workshop will be held in partnership with Horsham District Council.
- Discuss the business case for making energy savings.
- Review your organisation’s energy use.
- Find out how you can reduce your energy consumption and your bills.
- Address barriers to change.
- Create a plan of action.
This event is part of the Utilise Plus programme and is fully-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). As such, only those from eligible organisations can attend. Utilise Plus supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve their resource efficiency. To book your place, use the form below. Please note, we will only accept one attendee per organisation. Additional bookings will be added to a waiting list and notified should any places become available.
Organisations eligible for support through Utilise Plus must
- Be a SME that employs fewer than 250 people.
- Have a turnover of less than €50 million per annum (£45.1m1) or balance sheet total of less than €43 million per annum (£38.8m1).
- Be eligible to receive State Aid.2 This event has a State Aid value of £461.88 (€511.65).
- Not be owned by a group or company that does not meet the above three criteria.3
- Be registered with Companies House / Charities Commission or demonstrate that they are engaged in ‘economic activity’ – usually some form of trading. Unincorporated associations and sole traders are eligible, provided they can show evidence of this.
1 European Commission monthly exchange rate January 2019: €1 = £0.90273. You are responsible for calculating the exchange rate and assessing your eligibility at the time of your application.
2 SMEs able to receive State Aid up to a value of €200,000 in any three year rolling period. Find out more about State Aid.
3 For organisations with a more complex structure, a case-by-case analysis is required, so please get in touch if you think this applies to you.