“Very engaging, extremely relevant and ultimately informative.”
Paul Power, Downs Energy Ltd, Burgess Hill
Energy Efficiency Grants for East Sussex Businesses
The Sustainable Business Partnership CIC is administering a grant scheme funded by East Sussex County Council designed to help businesses reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
An SME may apply for a grant of up to £1000 to cover a maximum 40% of the total value of their energy efficiency project through the Sustainable Business Partnership CIC.
Who Can Apply?
The grant is available to any business, social enterprise or charity that:
- Has fewer than 250 full time equivalent employees
- Has a turnover less than £44 million
- Is not owned by a group or company that does not meet the above two criteria
To apply for a grant the SME must also have:
- A premises in East Sussex (excluding Brighton & Hove) where the energy efficiency project will be installed
- Received an Energy Audit to identify energy saving measures; provided through the LoCASE project, or through a similar scheme or a private supplier.
Public sector organisations and schools are not eligible for funding.
An Energy Audit will help show us that the project you are applying for is suitable for your premises and will result in quantifiable energy and greenhouse gas emissions reductions.
Energy Audits are available free of charge through the LoCASE programme: www.carbonsmart.co.uk/locase-project. Please visit www.carbonsmart.co.uk/locase-project/ for more information. You can contact Carbon Smart by calling 01323 790 030 or emailing email@example.com.
If you have received an Energy Audit through a different programme this may also be accepted. Please contact us on 01273 964239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.”
You can download your application form using the link above. You will need to complete a grant application form providing the following:
- Confirmation that your business meets the eligibility criteria
- A description of the proposed project
- Estimated energy savings
- Evidence of an energy audit
- At least two quotations for the installation of their proposed project.
Please remember to read the terms and condition on the application form.
To apply for the grant please email your completed application form and supporting documents to email@example.com
Once your application is submitted we will contact you to confirm the outcome of your application
If your application is successful you will need to ensure the project is installed within two months of the grant award and will need to provide supporting evidence (including photographs and a copy of the contractor’s invoice) prior to receiving payment of the grant.
It is recommended that you contact the Sustainable Business Partnership CIC before completing your application to check your eligibility and for advice on which projects are most suitable email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01273 964239